Thursday, October 6, 2016

What’s Your Favorite Thing to Eat?

Over the years my taste buds have changed. Since I was a little boy, I always enjoyed the sweetness of candy and the saltiness in popcorn and French fries. If I were to have to choose between sweet or salty, I would choose sweet. I can honestly say that I have a real sweet tooth. Since I was a teenager, I slowly noticed that my appetite would choose comfort food like hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, soda, and chips. Both my parents would joke about how I only eat food found in a fast food restaurant.

Eating food that you enjoy has the power to make or break your day! Wouldn’t you agree? I certainly have based my life around this way of thinking. I even choose friends that enjoy the same type of foods that I enjoy eating. Of course I’m not too strict in my friend selection, but having a friend that can share in the joy of a burger and fries definitely makes me a happy person. I tend to notice that the older we get, the more we start associating with the five closest people in our lives. Who agrees?


Since I turned 17 and was a senior in high school, I would constantly go to the local hamburger restaurant with a bunch of my friends near my public school. I actually asked my first girlfriend out there. It was a day like no other; it was a crisp fall evening. I was really happy and nervous at the same time because of what I would do that day. I asked my high school crush out over burgers and fries. It was a cute situation. She had to think about it at first, but 5 seconds later, she said okay.

We created a 19-month tradition with my very first girlfriend Rebecca Ann. We would go to the local burger place and stuff our mouths with their finest burgers and French fries. We would order double cheeseburgers, onion rings, everything had to have avocados. Rebecca Ann loved avocados! She always needed to have her cheese on the side though. I remember that very well. She would never drink soda or over eat like me. She was always kept her composure and was always super classy in the way she eats.

Her favorite condiment was ketchup when we were dating. If you only knew how much she loves her ketchup, you would have bought her a box full of ketchup. Whether it was on quality steaks, fish, or on burgers, it needed to have a little bit of ketchup on the side. It was her favorite and that’s what made her unique and awesome. During our relationship, we would strive to only eat what makes us happy. We would constantly make plans to try out new eateries and write reviews on our favorite restaurants. Whether it was a fast food restaurant or a local diner, we enjoyed every minute of it.

Eating what you like is what makes the day so much better. It’s a great conversation piece as well. Do you remember your first relationship? What was their name? Did you guys create a tradition of some sort?

No comments:

Post a Comment