Wednesday, October 5, 2016

What makes me happy

Okay, so burgers make me happy. I love everything about the hamburger and it always makes me jubilant to share a quality burger with my best friends. Every week, I make a few phone calls to schedule a date with my friends to try the best burgers in Los Angeles. I like to go on directory sites and read all the positive and negative reviews before I make my decision. I tend to share a review with a friend so we can have realistic expectations with our order. I get undeniably joyful when it’s time to make our way to our new burger restaurant and eat their food.

Honestly, if you’re not into burgers, it’s probably wise to skip this article and find something that you’re really into. Maybe you’re a salad person. Maybe you’re only into coffee. Everyone has their passion, mine is burgers. It’s not even lunch time and I start craving a nice juicy burger. Whether it’s a big juicy burger or a few sliders, a burger is a burger and that’s what I love.



My best friend Jimmy and I have been best friends for only 2 years. We met when I walking my dog and he was walking his girlfriend’s dog. My dog’s name is Roger and his girlfriend’s dog is named Pip. It’s a cute little dog that likes to jump whenever he has the chance. It was a funny moment, because both our dogs decided to take care of business at the same time, relatively in the same place.
We randomly started to talk about sports and politics because he was wearing a shirt that said: ask me about sports and current affairs? We discussed everything from Obama’s stance to foreign policy to how the Los Angeles Lakers will dominate once they get their management under control. For many folks, talking about politics and sports can be a difficult subject because of the built in emotions that surround it. My mom actually advised me to never discuss politics because it can ruin a perfectly good friendship. I actually gained an amazing friendship because of politics. It’s rare but it happens.

As we transcended our conversation about sports and politics, we started to discuss our favorite beers, bars, and then we touched the most special subject, the perfect burger in town. He didn’t know that talking about burgers is one of my favorite thing to do, hence this blog. We discussed every burger restaurant from fast food to fast casual to high end restaurants. We must have spoken for hours about all the different type of hamburgers we can eat.

That conversation cemented our friendship for 2 years. Every week we make a plan to eat a burger at a new restaurant or at our favorite restaurant. Eating the different flavors gives us an opportunity to critique what makes the best burger in Los Angeles the greatest. We try to take on burger challenges, try new toppings, and eat new patty flavors. Eating a burger with a best friend is what makes me happy!

What makes you happy? What’s your passion product? Are you also a burger lover? Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment