Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The competition has begun

Choosing a place to eat today was stressful! I’m not going to sugar coat my feelings about lunch time. I love lunch because it’s right after breakfast and before dinner. There’s something absolutely essential about Lunch. It’s like the perfect time for me to eat something amazing and enjoy the peacefulness of a lunch. As you all know by now, I’m a huge burger lover and I try to eat out as much as possible, and much on as many quality burgers my stomach can handle. I will eat up to 3 burgers at a time if I can. Why not! If I’m up for it, I’ll do it.


So I wanted to go eat lunch with one of my associates Bill. Bill and I know work on a few projects together and he actually happens to believe that sushi is the greatest! I was like: “You’re Serious?” He’s convinced that his taste in food is the most amazing and it should be regarded as ‘gold’. I happen to disagree with him and I needed to show him that the hamburger is the best thing to happen since ‘sliced bread’. Him and I got into a friendly argument about the greatest lunch of all time! It was on between me and Bill.

I needed to convince him, in some way, that the hamburger is the best in the world – when it comes to lunch. Bill tried to explain to me that the burger is just an another version of a steak between two buns, made up of ground beef. I guess he was never into eating steaks. As we discussed the benefits of eating a burger, he told me that he’ll eat a burger a day for a whole week if I eat sushi every day for a whole two weeks. I made the bet with him with the condition that I can also have a burger a day either for breakfast or dinner. Has anybody ever tried a sunny side burger for breakfast? It’s the best burger for breakfast!

The competition has begun and we were on to prove who’s right and who’s wrong in this important matter. I ate sushi as promised and he ate a burger or two a day as promised. To be clear, I needed to see the places he was eating at. It was imperative that he checked-in to a burger restauranton his smart phone and post it on either facebook.com or Instagram.  

He agreed to these social media terms and the contest has begun. For seven days, he posted pics of his burgers and checked in. Honestly, I was thrilled about it. It gave me more ideas on where to eat more burgers. He had no idea how much joy I was getting from this competition.

Here’s the breakdown of the places he checked in on his social media accounts:

  • Sunday: Locol
  • Monday: Pono Burger
  • Tuesday: Five Guys
  • Wednesday: Burgerim
  • Thursday: Umami Burger
  • Friday: BOA
  • Saturday: In-N-Out Burger


After his 7 days were up he told me that now he’s a true burger fanatic. I knew that an all-American burger would wake him up. I was thrilled with the bet and was happy to know what his thoughts were about the burgers. I ask Bill what his most favorite burgers were among the 7 burger places. Bill said that Burgerim was his most favorite because it offers options compared to the other local burger joints. He said he was able to order up to two or three burgers because they’re 2.8oz compared to a classic 8oz portion. He said it was option to have a chicken, lamb, and beef burger in one sitting. I had to agree with him on that. Having options is definitely a benefit on eating out. Variety can be the secret ingredient to making a lunch or dinner experience the best experience of your life.

Regarding my experience with eating sushi – it was fun! I enjoyed eating a new type of sushi every day. In the end of the day, I have to say, that the tuna and California rolls are my favorite. I also had to check in on my social media accounts to verify that I was eating the sushi for two weeks. Bill liked all my posts. That was nice of him. As we came to a conclusion, I still believe that burgers are by far the best for lunch and dinner – as far as taste. Bill now eats a burger regularly with me and slowly transitioned away from eating sushi.

I wonder who got him so involved in eating fish? Even though that was not an important question, I still asked him. He mentioned that his ex-girlfriend whom he dated when he was 27 years old introduced him to a sushi restaurant. He said that it was hide away for her and she absolutely loved it there to escape the pressure that life sometimes has. I thought it was an interesting story.

It seems that eating sushi was more of a sentimental attachment to Bill than actually enjoying the tastefulness that some food offers – like the burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment